Hey all. Just thought I’d put together a quick guide on some of the most effective ways to get more geared for Tomb of Sargeras this week and beyond.
1) The most effective thing you can do with your extra time this week is the weekly quest to do four mythic dungeons. This will reward a heroic Cache of Fel Treasures, which should drop gear from heroic Tomb of Sargeras.
2) If you’ve kept up with follower missions, then right now you should be able to do the rare mission “The Tomb of Sargeras.” This rewards an Encrusted Naga Scale, which begins a quest to kill Mistress Sassz’ine in ToS. Hopefully she’ll be dead tonight before your followers even bring you the scale, but hey, at least you’ll be set for another free Cache of Fel Treasures when we kill her again next week.
3) LFR. Only one wing is open so far, and it’s quick to run, so that could mean replacing that 865 you’ve been holding on to. I got a 900 cloak this morning, for example.
3) If you’ve got two legendaries, then make sure they’re upgraded as soon as possible. That’s 60 potential iLevels, practically free. Sure, you need 50 Withering Essences for each upgrade, but these drop from raid bosses, your first daily heroic dungeon, emissary quest turn-ins…you can get 50 super fast.
4) If you *don’t* have 2 legendaries yet, then you should definitely do things that can drop them. Emerald Nightmare, and even Nighthold are now relatively easy to pug now, and each boss is a chance to get a legendary (Also, I’m sure some of you can still benefit from some Nighthold gear).
The boxes you receive for turning in Legionfall War Supplies on the Broken Shore, seem to have a really good chance to drop ledgies, too. That’s where I got most of mine.
Remember that Blizzard added in some bad luck protection, so every time you *don’t* get a legendary, your future chances keep increasing.
You don’t have to worry so much about min/maxing your legendaries, or collecting a dozen of them until you get your best-in-slot. I mean, you can, but at least having *any* two spec-appropriate legendaries is going to be of great benefit to you.
5) Other than that, let’s do our best to actually kill some bosses when we raid this week. The more bosses, the more gear for the guild.
If anyone wants any help at all gearing, Cut is available for whatever you need.
Posted on 6.27.17
Posted on 6.20.17
Posted on 6.9.17
Alright guys. Taking the various feedback, poll data and other things into consideration, we’re going to give a Tuesday raid a shot. As far as times goes, it’s looking like we’ll do 6pm-8pm server.
We’re setting this first raid for Tuesday, May 23rd to give people ample time to fit it into their schedules. We’re really hoping we can have a lot of guildies there getting gear and experience, rather than mostly pugs.
We’re also going straight to Nighthold, rather than Emerald Nightmare. This is because the majority of people searching for Emerald Nightmare raids want only overgeared speed runs. While this is still true to some extent for Nighthold, it’s a little easier to find like-minded people willing to learn.
I’ll be getting some guides posted here in the coming days, so check back for that.
I’m really excited for us to finally start doing some real raiding together as a guild.
Posted on 5.12.17
Just a few things to discuss in order to get us raid ready:
- When we polled the guild recently on the best days for raiding, it pretty overwhelmingly suggested that the most people were available on Fridays and Saturdays. However, in practice, it’s not really working out so far. Weekends are generally somewhat unpredictable for people’s schedules, so we might want to revisit which days we really want to raid, because it’s not great if half our raid has something that “just came up this weekend” every weekend.
- Regardless of what days we choose, we need to know what times people want to raid. We’ve got new polls up in the guild calendar this Friday. Again, sign up for all times that will work for you, not just your preference. We need to know what works for the most people.
- Ikonik had some really stellar ideas regarding our first forays into progression content. Rather than cancel raid nights if only a couple people show, he suggested we use something like Openraid to put together a group of like minded people. Folks like us, who are just getting into the content and are willing to learn as a group. Another suggestion of his was that we could start setting up planned Mythic/Mythic+ events, as it might be easier to get 5 people together while we build up a 10+ raid roster.
If any of you have any other thoughts or suggestions, post them up in Discord. Let’s kill some things together.
Posted on 5.8.17
As some of you know, your guild leader has been hard at work on what is sure to be the best guild theme song in existence. Look, it doesn’t matter if it’s the only guild theme song in existence, it still counts.
So, check the website tomorrow at 5 server (PST) for the world premiere of:
The Censored Linguists: Best Guild in the World
Get hyped, y’all.
Posted on 4.28.17
As a guild with aspirations to eventually get together and actually do some raiding, we need to start thinking about logistics.
First things first,we’ve gotta figure out what days are going to work for the most people. So, I’ve placed in-game calendar events for each day next week. Please sign up for the events on all days that would work for you.
Note that this doesn’t mean we’ll be raiding 4 days a week if there happens to be 4 days where everyone can make time for raiding. It just means we’ll know which days are going to work for the most people so we can start narrowing things down.
Posted on 4.26.17
This will be a wonderful place for guild news, such as:
- What bosses we’ve recently beaten into submission.
- Strategies to beat said bosses into said submission.
- Intense speculation about what Galnadir is gonna do when we kick him out of the guild.
You know, all sorts of fun things!
For now, we at least needed a post or two so that we can get things themed and working. So whether you deserved being exposed to this bullshit fluff piece or not…too late. Sorry!