Hey all. Just thought I’d put together a quick guide on some of the most effective ways to get more geared for Tomb of Sargeras this week and beyond.
1) The most effective thing you can do with your extra time this week is the weekly quest to do four mythic dungeons. This will reward a heroic Cache of Fel Treasures, which should drop gear from heroic Tomb of Sargeras.
2) If you’ve kept up with follower missions, then right now you should be able to do the rare mission “The Tomb of Sargeras.” This rewards an Encrusted Naga Scale, which begins a quest to kill Mistress Sassz’ine in ToS. Hopefully she’ll be dead tonight before your followers even bring you the scale, but hey, at least you’ll be set for another free Cache of Fel Treasures when we kill her again next week.
3) LFR. Only one wing is open so far, and it’s quick to run, so that could mean replacing that 865 you’ve been holding on to. I got a 900 cloak this morning, for example.
3) If you’ve got two legendaries, then make sure they’re upgraded as soon as possible. That’s 60 potential iLevels, practically free. Sure, you need 50 Withering Essences for each upgrade, but these drop from raid bosses, your first daily heroic dungeon, emissary quest turn-ins…you can get 50 super fast.
4) If you *don’t* have 2 legendaries yet, then you should definitely do things that can drop them. Emerald Nightmare, and even Nighthold are now relatively easy to pug now, and each boss is a chance to get a legendary (Also, I’m sure some of you can still benefit from some Nighthold gear).
The boxes you receive for turning in Legionfall War Supplies on the Broken Shore, seem to have a really good chance to drop ledgies, too. That’s where I got most of mine.
Remember that Blizzard added in some bad luck protection, so every time you *don’t* get a legendary, your future chances keep increasing.
You don’t have to worry so much about min/maxing your legendaries, or collecting a dozen of them until you get your best-in-slot. I mean, you can, but at least having *any* two spec-appropriate legendaries is going to be of great benefit to you.
5) Other than that, let’s do our best to actually kill some bosses when we raid this week. The more bosses, the more gear for the guild.
If anyone wants any help at all gearing, Cut is available for whatever you need.